We’ve had a good school start thus far and we want to ensure that everyone continues to adhere to all safety and health guidelines. See attached letter from our school chancellor, Ms. Meisha Porter. Please also see updates/reminders below from the NYCDOE-
• NYCDOE Health Screening: Before entering school buildings each day, every student and staff member must complete the Health Screening Form to confirm that they are not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, have not recently tested positive, and are not currently required to quarantine based on close contact with an infected person.
We recommend bookmarking healthscreening.schools.nyc on your/your child’s device so you can quickly and easily complete the form before sending your child to school each day.
• COVID-19 Testing Consent: We urge parents/guardians to complete COVID-19 random testing consent forms for each child in school to further ensure we have a safe environment.
In order for your child to participate in the in-school COVID testing program, you must submit an
updated testing consent form to your school.
• You can fill out the form using your NYC Schools Account (NYCSA): schoolsaccount.nyc.• Download the form online at schools.nyc.gov/covidtesting.
• School Visitor Policy Reminder: All visitors aged 12 and older must show proof of at least one
dose of a COVID-19 vaccination to enter a school building. Visitors do not include studentsattending school in a DOE building.
• Vaccination Portal: Using your child’s DOE account information, you can upload an image of your child’s vaccinationcard or NYC Excelsior Pass to the DOE’s vaccine portal at vaccine.schools.nyc. Students ages 12 and older participating in high-risk extracurricular sports and other high-risk
extracurricular activities are required to be vaccinated in order to participate in those activities
during the 2021-22 school year. For more information, please visit our website:schools.nyc.gov/2021health
• Updated Quarantine Policy: Starting Monday, September 27, in accordance with the latest
guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we will no longer
close an entire classroom when there is a positive case in the classroom. Unvaccinated students who are masked and at least three feet distanced from a student who tests positive are not considered close contacts under CDC guidelines and will not have to quarantine. This new policy applies to all students in any grade.
In addition, we continue to ensure our school’s custodial team cleans throughout the school day, we have PPE available to all students and staff, masks are required to be worn at all times by everyone, we encourage social distancing and there are air purifiers throughout the building to name a few measures we have taken. As stated at school start, our school building has also passed all ventilation and physical inspections. We will continue to keep you all updated on health and safety measures throughout the school year and we thank you again for your support and partnership. If you have any further questions or concerns, please email our Parent Coordinator, Ms. Emma Roman-Mendoza, at ERomanMendoza@schools.nyc.gov.
Principal Jean Woods-Powell